[ RadSafe ] Re: (Taiwan Apts) NSWS exposed lived longer (0.76 mortality rate!)

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 13:57:53 CST 2007

Dr. Long,
As you are aware, the NSWS has been questioned as a
reliable study, and the recently published study of
the Taiwan apartment dwellers do not support your
beliefs.  Neither work involves a "one tail test."

Is your comment about the Kyoto paper supposed to
confuse you message any more than it already it?

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> John,
>   Is your comment from judging others' actions by
> your own?
>
>   In fact, the Taiwan establishment and NSWS
> establishment not only used a one tail test, showing
> only harm and not benefit, they even distorted the
> abstract to give the opposite impression of a
> critical review of the data in the papers, like the
> Kyoto writer of their paper on global warming.
>
>   Dr. Cameron did write me before he died and used
> some of my suggestions to make his language
> unmistakable, that with p<0.001 (or more 0s in
> there) the life expectancy was improved by the extra
> radiation. That is a historic conclusion, one hidden
> by your bureacracy, presumably to protect your jobs.
>
>   Howard Long
>
> John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
>   Assuming you sent the information before Dr.
> Cameron
> died, what did he conclude? Of course, the results
> of
> the NSWS were questioned so what does that indicate?
>
> Poor epidemiological studies should be consided good
> enough if the results are what you want?
>
> --- Jerry Cuttler wrote:
>
> > I asked Bernie Cohen what a 40% reduction in
> > mortality of the NSWs meant in terms of increased
> > life expectancy.
> > I recall Bernie's calculation that indicated a 2.8
> > year increase in life expectancy. I sent Bernie's
> > calculation to John Cameron.
> > Jerry

“We must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent or omniscient — that we are only 6 percent of the world’s population; that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94 percent of mankind; that we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity; and therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.”
-- John F. Kennedy

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist