[ RadSafe ] non-lead based apparel in Diagnostic Radiology

michael olex molex77 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 11:22:47 CST 2007

Hello all,

Does anyone have any strong feelings regarding the use of non-lead based apparel in a diagnostic radiology department.  We're mainly looking at Xenolite-NL due to the weight, lack of disposal issues, and performance.  However, I'm a little hesitant due the transmission through the Xenolite at energies above 100 kVp.

Does anyone use this regularly and have any words of wisdom to offer?

Mike Olex, MS
Medical Physicst
molex77 at yahoo.com

"There is nothing permanent except CHANGE" -Heraclitus