[ RadSafe ] Why some divers want to work in nuclear reactors; intersting story Do they work under simulated conditions?

Sandy Perle sandyfl at cox.net
Fri Jan 19 07:52:48 CST 2007

Dear Dr. Parthasanathy,

I am familiar with many US facilities where the divers do wear direct reading electronic
dosimeters that are transmiting data to a central system that is monitored by health physics,
along with voice communication in order to provide effective communication and
information to and from the divers. This type of work as well as others often involves mock-
up training i order to reduce the overall expected dose for the individual as well as
cumulative dose.

Regards,

Sandy

On 19 Jan 2007 at 9:26, parthasarathy k s wrote:

> I have a question. Do you know whether they wear on line radiation monitors? It appears so. Is it possible for achieving dose control by making these workers practice their trade under simulated conditions? Doing any work under water may require special skill.

Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/
Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/