[ RadSafe ] Re: Electric power. How?

Maury Siskel maurysis at peoplepc.com
Mon Jan 22 02:05:12 CST 2007

Hi Robert,

Nawww, Maury wrote that piece; I only collaborated with a little editing
here and there. Among other features, however, I did ensure that he said
the piece was anecdotal. He never suggested that I should rouse myself
from my food bowl -- neither of us sleeps in my food bowl and neither of
us is given to brutish yelling nor to assuming that other humans are
poor and benighted requiring some kind of enlightenment. -- he likes rib
eye steaks and I really love Milk-Bones. Your choice of words makes me
wonder if you think I'm a little pig-headed. Were you unhappy with your
dog when you were a youngster? We do really try hard to be lovable.

Maury taught me that we all make mistakes; that we often differ, but
that those characteristics are OK -- we still try to stay cool and not
hurt each other. So far in my own 13 years, I've never bitten anyone or
jumped on a toddler to push them over ... don't think he has either --
in fact, he's older than dirt and can't jump at all anymore. I
understand that human bites are really dangerous!

I had no knowledge of this Marc Morano -- we were merely attracted to
the content of his writing. We are familiar with the views of Dr. Gray
and of John Christy as well as the conflicting, but scholarly, opinions
of many on these Lists. We simply interpret the science differently. I'd
like to note in passing my canineocentric skepticism of Spann's claims
about other meteorologists; but that's OK too. It happens.

Maury referenced my polar bear friends because yes, the data are readily
available suggesting that their numbers were severely diminished 20-30
years ago when they were still hunted. However, they seem now to be
thriving since the change in hunting status. Thus, I'm very dubious
about enriching the Fish and Wildlife agencies by unnecessarily placing
my brethren on endangered species lists. You guys like to watch the
bears -- we enjoy watching your antics. (I'll have to look up the
citation for these data if required)

Finally, please note that there seems little argument now about global
warming. There is, however, intense disagreement about the genesis and
future course of that warming -- given that you guys don't fare too well
on the weather forecasts for ten days from now.
Best arfs to all,
Dog&Maury  (maurysis at peoplepc.com)
PS. Maury lets me read his email until I get my own address.
Best,
Jake (Dog)