[ RadSafe ] Equal time - a negative view on Nuclear Power

Bill wwebber2004 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 22 17:12:14 CST 2007

Substitute ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY for NUCLEAR POWER and it makes for an
interesting read.

> [Advanced Technology] - One of Humankind´s Biggest Mistakes
> By [Theodore Kaczynski]
>
> [Advanced technology] was a mistake and remains a mistake. If the human
> family survives it, our descendants will wonder what we were thinking
> to justify leaving them [advanced technology]´s toxic legacy -- a legacy they
> will be dealing with for hundreds if not thousands of generations.
>
> And why did we do it? To [produce] our lights, TVs, radios, stereos, air
> conditioners, etc. and the tools we used to make them.
>
> Our creation of [advanced technology] will be especially difficult for our
> descendants to understand because they will know that in the [pre-industrial]
> era, we already had all the technologies and know-how needed to power
> everything [we needed] in ways that are perpetually recyclable, powered by free
> solar energy and which leave zero harmful residues in their wake. ...

The use of nuclear power from fission only makes sense if it is better
and more efficient then the alternatives.
One way to reduce the waste and improve the efficiency is to recycle the
uranium instead of just  throwing  it  away.

To control Global Warming the release of green house gases must be
reduced by ALL of the worlds countries including USA, EU, Russia, China,
and India.

To make the USA less dependent on foreign threats and free up oil for
poorer nations, we must reduce our use of oil without increasing our
release of green house gases. [It is not enough to just reduce our use
of foreign oil since in a world market there is no difference between
foreign and domestically produced oil]. One way to do this is by
increasing the efficiency of our transportation systems.

William Webber
Webber Consultants