[ RadSafe ] non-lead based apparel in Diagnostic Radiology

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 11:54:58 CST 2007

Michael,
Have you considered the cost of lead disposal?

--- michael olex <molex77 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone have any strong feelings regarding the
> use of non-lead based apparel in a diagnostic
> radiology department.  We're mainly looking at
> Xenolite-NL due to the weight, lack of disposal
> issues, and performance.  However, I'm a little
> hesitant due the transmission through the Xenolite
> at energies above 100 kVp.
>
> Does anyone use this regularly and have any words of
> wisdom to offer?
>
> Mike Olex, MS
> Medical Physicst
> molex77 at yahoo.com
>

> "There is nothing permanent except CHANGE"
> -Heraclitus

“We must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent or omniscient — that we are only 6 percent of the world’s population; that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94 percent of mankind; that we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity; and therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.”
-- John F. Kennedy

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist