AW: [ RadSafe ] Basis for radiation dose limits - organ specific

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Fri Jan 26 08:26:30 CST 2007

Thomas:

Limits for organ specific doses are determined so as to PROHIBIT 'deterministic' i.e. threshold (early) effects in an organ such as erythema for skin or cataracts for the eye. Whole body effective dose is designed to CONSTRAIN cancer mortality below a level deemed acceptable - of course under the questionable assumption of the LNT postulate(!).

Regards, Rainer

Dr. Rainer Facius
German Aerospace Center
Institute of Aerospace Medicine