[ RadSafe ] The DU fairy tales continue

Maury Siskel maurysis at peoplepc.com
Sun Jan 28 21:39:08 CST 2007

James, your hand-waving is more than adequate ... I wonder if or when
you will cease. One can mention all sorts of disclaimers -- e.g., we may
all be proven ultimately mistaken. It seems clear, however, that the
preponderance of evidence now (after a great deal of good faith lab and
field research) shows essentially none of the DU effects you promote.
There has been shell shock, combat fatigue, agent orange, post traumatic
stress syndrome, and so on. You know as well as I that in many
instances, the Congress and other so-called authorities simply caved in
to the protesters and paid many of them in order to quiet the fruitless
controversy ... a sad truth.

Please don't bother attempting to substantiate your claim that, "...
they might as well be bombing recruiting stations."  There is no
reality-based justification for your promotion of such a PR conflict. I
hope you might finally recognize the benefits to all of letting it rest
instead of promoting false hopes.

Maury&Dog     (maurysis at peoplepc.com)
_________________
"Demagoguery beats data in the making of public policy"

======================
Salsman wrote:
"... People who refuse to face the truth and solve this problem are only
giving the military more of the same P.R. problems that they got from
agent orange.  This problem won't go away by simply ignoring it, or
telling lies, or trying to distract with anecdotes or hand-waving.

People who defend depleted uranium weaponry claim to be in support of
the military.  For all the good they are doing, they might as well be
bombing recruiting stations.

Sincerely,
James Salsman   "