[ RadSafe ] Re: Introduction, George Dowell, NLNL

Geo>K0FF GEOelectronics at netscape.com
Fri Jul 6 13:50:00 CDT 2007

Hi all,

Glad to meet you all and am always looking for equipment and rad sources.
Originally I was from St. Louis area before I retired, owned VISCOM INC. there.
Worked for most of the chemical companies and some other industrial concerns as well as the Federal Gov't.

I am retired now, and just fool around in my Home Lab and Mobile Lab.

For NLNL's capabilities see:
http://www.qsl.net/k0ff/NLNL-New%20London%20Nucleonics%20Lab/

Some are not listed for confidentiality purposes.

I work only as a volunteer in exchange for equipment or rad sources, or just to get access to cool places!.
As time allows, I do repair work, modifications and calibration on a number of instruments. See my presence on eBay under the name
GEOelectronics

Field analysis of isotopes, NORM and TENORM  using any of  several instruments;

GEOmetrics GR-310
Exploranium-GR-135
URSA II
Spectrum Techniques UCS-30

Environmental monitoring:
Reuter Stokes RS112
Canberra ADM-300A's
Ludlum 2221
Ludlum 14C
AN/PDQ-1's

PPE is
RADOS 60's
PM-1703's
PM-1703GN's

Back at the Home Lab is the usual stuff, Canberra MCA, graded lead castles up to 1000+ pounds, Ludlum 2929 (ALpha-Beta swipe counter), Ludlum 2224 ( Alpha-Beta), Ludlum 2218 (dual SCA) etc,. Many of the test isotopes listed in the link are certified NIST tracable, providing a wide array of Alpha, Beta, Gamma and X-Ray energies for all sorts of testing.

Gamma MCA bench = UCS-30, Canberra 727 shield w. Bicron 3"X3" and Canberra 2007 preamp. Other gear as needed.
Alpha MCA bench = Canberra 7401 into Canberra 35+
Calibration bench = Ludlum 500-2, Wm. B. Johnson VariPulser's, Eberline MP-2 and MP-1's. The MP-1 employs an ultra-accurate tuning fork frequency standard.
X-Ray bench = 3" X-Ray video camera.
Gas Proportinal bench = all Ludlum and Eberline.
RF Spectrum Analyzer bench = 0.1-1000 MHz/0.001-5kW
Microscope bench = Reichert Zetopan EPI

My interests are Metrology, that is, the science of measuring things.
Electromagnetic energy has always fascinated me, be it VLF, Radio, Optical or Gamma Rays.

My personal library of Health Physics, Radiation Metrology and Nucleonics books numbers about 500.
Once it ever gets organized, it will be an open reading-room for interested scientists and public servants.

All the best,

George Dowell
New London Nucleonics Lab
56791 Rivere Au Sel Pl.