[ RadSafe ] Blast from the past

stewart farber radproject at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 1 22:45:51 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I recall having had an exchange with this same "expert"  Russel [now] 'Ace' Hoffman who had made numerous postings the day after the 9/11 attacks on the WTC and Pentagon. At that time he sought to take advantage of the horrible events the day after 9/11 to advance his perverted view of the world that nuclear power plants would make a perfect target for sabotage and even suggested ways they could be attacked. I am a bit surprised that Homeland Security has not yet taken Hoffman to task.

He was carrying on in his post 9/11 posts that commercial nuclear electric power plants existed only to make Pu-239 for nuclear weapons, which as we all know is totally false. Facts do not matter to 'Ace' Hoffman.

Russel Hoffman was in 2001, and is still, completely ignorant of the history of commercial nuclear power. Nonetheless, he continues to make claims totally opposite from the facts about commerical nuclear power reprocessing its fuel as a feedstock for nuclear weapons, even when his misunderstanding and outright misrepresentations are pointed out to him. He is quite simply a charlatan. He doesn't just stretch the truth --he simply ignores it----in seemingly endless blatant lies.

When I pointed out his errors back in 2001, he countered with his referring to the "DEMON HOT ATOM" [check out the Radsafe archives] which shows he is essentially delusional, yet likes to pass himself off as an expert to members of the general public, and in the media who don't know he is a total fraud on nuclear issues. If I recall my comments reacting to his post 9/11 rant, after his "DEMON HOT ATOM" comment,  he should be nicknamed Russel 'Osama' Hoffman.

Mr. Hoffman has no understanding of environmental radiation issues, no understanding of background radiation vs. the trivial exposure from nuclear power plants, no understanding of radiation dosimetry or radiation risk from a given trivial radiation exposure, and essentially no understanding of anything related to nuclear electric generation that he writes about at such length.

While Russel 'Ace' Hoffman's distortions and lies are likely not actionable, he is clearly guilty of assault and battery on the truth.

Happy Independence Day to all,

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
[203] 441-8433 [office]
email: radproject at sbcglobal.net