[ RadSafe ] Cancer Therapy Using RF

Sam Iverstine sam_iverstine at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 08:26:10 CDT 2007

This link describes research using nanoparticles that attach to cancer which guides radiofrequency (RF)  to tumor cells. Sort of like the concept of mono-clonal antibodies, only with a machine instead of nuclides.

  If it doesn't open automatically, the article is called "Saltwater into Fire"

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkzCSNTYWXg&mode=related&search

  This blog made me think of shaping an RF field to a tumor site, increasing Specific Absorption Rate (SAR), is a good idea; sort of like a lithotriptor. Too bad I didn't think of that in grad school, I could have applied my philosophy of "I learn more from my mistakes" perhaps if I tried it, but it would be a fun project.

  Sam Iverstine, MS, CHP
  Miami, FL