[ RadSafe ] Nuclear gauges, DU, Th, Radium watch hands- Ownership issues.

Radiological at Charter.net Radiological at Charter.net
Fri Jul 13 19:38:50 CDT 2007

This 'Dirty Bomb' BS is just that Bull S#$%.

I agree that we may be hit with "dirty bombs", but "dirty bombs" (other than true Nuclear
Weapons which quite possibly might be hidden in an oil tanker owned by Osama Bin
Ladden, et. Al.) are closely akin to lighting a smoke bomb firework in a theatre and yelling
FIRE. Far more people will be injured by the mass confusion caused, at least in part, by
every Emergency Management organization trying to show just how fast they can respond to
a radiation incident. I don't want to make light of the potential at all, but there is far more
dangerous items entering the USA every day (Gasoline, Diesel Fuel, Ammonium Nitrate).
Timothy McVegh (sp) did far more destruction with diesel and Ammonium Nitrate than
anyone has ever done with a dirty bomb. Why would Al Queda go to all the trouble &
expense to seek a NRC/Agreement State license, when they could do far more with a
Timothy McVegh (sp) style weapon in downtown NYC, Washington DC, Chicago, etc.
Remember that these could just as easily be set off at a given time by dedicated Terrorists
Nut Jobs in the majority of big cities in the USA. Why don't we spend the resources currently
being spent preparing for dirty bombs on devices at the US Ports to detect nuclear
materials? This way we stop true Nuclear Weapons as well as dirty bombs.

As an American living in the South, I WILL BE FREE, so Osama Bin Ladden,
Al Queda or anyone else out there, just bring it on. You ain't seen nothing till this Eagle gets
pissed-off.