[ RadSafe ] Radiation in landfills

parthasarathy k s ksparth at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 20:17:19 CDT 2007

Friends,

I  believe that tritium containing exit signs disposed of at the land fill is unlikely to be the source of tritium. There is a permissible amount of tritiated vapour in each exit sign. On absolute terms tritium activity  may be high if several hundreds of these signs are released.

Does tritium gas become tritiated water (vapour??) if released free in air? I thught the issue is not that simple

The observations on tritium are interesting