[ RadSafe ] Check out Story - Bomb Test Exposed Civilians to Radiation

Michael McNaughton mcnaught at lanl.gov
Wed Jul 18 08:34:44 CDT 2007

Tom Widner's report is in Appendix N of the LAHDRA interim report, which
can be downloaded from
http://www.lahdra.org/reports/LAHDRA%20Report%20v5%202007_App%20N_Trinity%20Test.pdf

The list of references includes many unclassified LANL reports that contain
go into great detail.

Briefly, there were (and still are) a very large number of fission products
with a range of half lives. The only ones of interest have half lives of
about an hour or more because the plume and the fallout did not reach the
ground for about an hour.

mike

At 06:54 PM 07/17/2007, Steven Dapra wrote:
>        I wonder what isotopes were being measured at the 15 R per hour
> rate, and how quickly the rate dropped back to background.

Mike McNaughton
Los Alamos National Lab.
email: mcnaught at LANL.gov or mcnaughton at LANL.gov
phone: 505-667-6130; page: 505-664-7733