AW: [ RadSafe ] Radiation in landfills

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Tue Jul 17 16:46:58 CDT 2007

George (?),

Thank you for distributing on RADSAFE very basic textbook facts - we often
need the references for it. Though I have to say that I prefer to discuss on
RADSAFE advanced topics.

I have been on the Austrian Standardisation Working Group on Incorporation
Decontamination and I used to joke about the elimination of tritium, by
advising the consumption of beer. We all had a very good laugh, but it was
because of political correctness not possible to mention beer explicitely -
we had to recommend large amounts of beverages.

I hope you are aware, that beer would not prevent any negative influence of
poisonous heavy metals, organic compounds nor of bacteria and virus. It
might make you feel better.....

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD