[ RadSafe ] [Nuclear News] Japan quake not seen slowingU.S.nuclear revi.val TEPCO Release gives enogh ammunition to anti nuclear activists

Sandy Perle sandyfl at cox.net
Fri Jul 20 22:27:51 CDT 2007

Dear Dr.Parthasarathy,

When I was working in the NPP industry there was a move to have maintenance staff be responsible for enforcing the health physics monitoring requirements, taking surveys, documenting the radiation environment, etc.(Rad worker program). The purpose was to reduce the number of health physicists. There is the same philosophy where industrial hygenists are named as RSOs in large medical and university facilities. The thought that anybody can perform health physicist accountabilities is a serious error in judgement. Now we see this in the area of homeland security.

Best regards,

Sandy Perle
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T