[ RadSafe ] Renewable Energy Wrecks Environment, According To Researcher

Thu Jul 26 11:37:57 CDT 2007

While I don't disagree with his argument, I think his analysis would be
better if he had examined combining "renewable energy" with existing
structures, or structures that were going to be built for some other
purpose.  It is fairly easy to incorporate solar energy and wind cooling
into a building as it is being designed.  "Green roofs", roof gardens
designed to optimize the among of roof covered by leaves during the
summer while keeping extra loading low is also pretty easy to do.  I
believe that an argument is stronger if you address the strength of the
alternative position, rather than focusing on absurdist models
magnifying its shortcomings.

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl [mailto:radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl] On
Behalf Of neildm at id.doe.gov
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 4:14 PM
To: radsafe at radlab.nl
Subject: [ RadSafe ] Renewable Energy Wrecks Environment,According To
Researcher

Excerpt:  Ausubel has analyzed the amount of energy that each so-called
renewable source can produce in terms of Watts of power output per
square meter of land disturbed. He also compares the destruction of
nature by renewables with the demand for space of nuclear power.
"Nuclear energy is green," he claims, "Considered in Watts per square
meter, nuclear has astronomical advantages over its competitors."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/07/070724160209.htm