[ RadSafe ] Re: Spent Fuel and autompbile batteries-, Dangerous for Millions of Years?

Michael J Vala michael.vala at bms.com
Tue Jul 31 09:10:32 CDT 2007

I never bought into this concern that high level waste will be dangerous for generations to come.  What is the detriment cited in all these studies?  Cancer - in an exposed individual getting all their drinking water from a contaminated well and food from a farm contaminated by the releases of an ancient burial ground.  What are the chances that cancer will be a health concern in 50 or 100 years?  Just look at the progress in the last 20 years.  Once the cancer threat is diminished by science, do we really need to be concerned about the ensuing 10,000 years?  What happens to Health Physicists when our profession is limited to acute health risks?  I guess we will go the way of the iron lung manufacturers and the TB sanatoriums.

Mike Vala

Message: 1