[ RadSafe ] Annual dose from Nature/Background/Man-made sources

Jose Julio Rozental joseroze at netvision.net.il
Tue Jul 31 13:24:22 CDT 2007

This is not from now. In UK, was informed in 2005, look at
Ionising Radiation Exposure of the UK Population 2005 Review
http://www.hpa.org.uk/hpa/news/articles/press_releases/2005/050524_ionising_review.htm

The Medical Journal of Australia, comment the subject - look at
Medical radiation and the risk of cancer
http://www.mja.com.au/public/issues/180_11_070604/dic10124_fm.html
The total population dose of radiation from medical diagnostic procedures is
increasing worldwide, mainly due to the increase in CT scanning. CT entails
the use of higher radiation doses than other common radiological
procedures.3 In Australia, Medicare data indicate that CT use has increased
140% over the decade 1992-2002. The reason for the increased use of CT is
that it is now able to provide much better and more valuable clinical
information, and to do so more easily, than in the past. As the technology
has improved, the image quality has improved and scanning times have been
reduced to just a few seconds. CT can now image fine detail, even in mobile
organs, and hence the indications for its use have expanded.
Jose Julio Rozental
joseroze at netvision.net.il
Israel