Re: [ RadSafe ] Martin Tondel´s thesis - Sweden and Chernobyl

edmond0033 edmond0033 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 10 20:14:49 CDT 2007

Franz:

Thanks for the information!!.

I have a question which has puzzled me of late.  There is a feeling that the
DU contains Uranium-236 that has caused certain illness, etc.  It sems that
the Uranium-236 is produced from (n,Gamma) of Uranium-235, since it is not
naturally occuring. (Radiological Health Handbook, Januray 1970).  Is it
produced from the remaining Uranium-235 left after much of it has been
removed?  How has it been determined how much of the Uranium-236 has been
produced?  Also why would it react any different that the remaining Uranium
isotopes.The alpha energies are 4.49 Mev (76%) and 4.44 MeV (24%).
Uranium-235 's alpha energies are 4.58 MeV (8 % Doublets), 4.40 MeV (57%),
and 4.37 MeV (18%).  The Uranium-234 alpha energies are slightly higher and
the Uranium-238 alpha energies are slightly lower??

Ed Baratta
edmond0033 at comcast.net