AW: [ RadSafe ] " Chernobyl benefit/harm"

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Mon Jun 11 17:01:02 CDT 2007

Franz,
  May I take my tongue out of my cheek now? Dospedanya.

  The flourishing of life where LNT and anti-nucs predicted wasteland, does deserve publicity,

Howard Long

Franz Schönhofer <franz.schoenhofer at chello.at> wrote:
  Mike,

What I suspect is that Howard Long does not know, that the exclusion zone is
situated both in the Ukraine and Bjelorussia. He obviously does not know,
that these are two independent countries since the crash of the Sovjet-Union
and are clearly politically separated from Russia, that there are border
controls and Russians cannot travel anywhere in both Ukraine and Bjelorussia
to take land! Not to talk about the inherent fear about radiation - people
living in the exclusion zone despite of the ban are said to be the old ones,
who have no other choice and want to die at the place they lived all their
life long.

The Ukrainian part of the contamination zone and its vicinity (rather this
large part of the Ukraine) is settled exclusively by Ukrainians, who are not
only distinct from Russians, but even have a different language. Howard
Longs comment seems to originate in the bad habit, to call the former
Sovjetunion "Russia" and the inhabitants "Russians". I do not know, how many
dozens of different ethnic groups and how many hundred languages existed in
the former Sovjetunion, but anybody interested may search on the internet
for it.

This wrong perception of Howard Long would be in line with his comments on
radioprotection matters.....

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD