[ RadSafe ] Asbury Park Press on Mangano's press conference

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Wed Jun 13 20:11:11 CDT 2007

June 13

         This article claims that Bertell has a "doctoral degree in
environmental epidemiology."

         According to a typewritten biography of Bertell, which I have in
PDF, her three degrees (including her doctorate) are in mathematics.  The
most recent date on this biography is 1975.  According to Bertell's
website, http://www.rosaliebertell.net/bio_rosalie_bertell.htm, she has a
"Ph. D. degree in Biometrics with minors in Biology and Biochemistry," and
that she received her doctorate in 1966.  Also:  "Since that time she has
worked as a biometrician and environmental epidemiologist."  Her website
says nothing about her having a doctorate in enviornmental epidemiology.

Steven Dapra
sjd at swcp.com

At 10:27 AM 6/13/07 -0400, Norm Cohen wrote:

>Tooth testers say grants add bite to nuke debate
>
>Critics question validity of results
>
>Posted by the Asbury Park Press <http://www.app.com>  on 06/13/07
>
>BY NICK CLUNN <MAILTO:NCLUNN at APP.COM>
>STAFF WRITER
>
>TRENTON - With support from an anti-nuclear nun and $90,000 in grants, the
>epidemiologist behind the Tooth Fairy Project announced Tuesday the start of
>a campaign meant to drum up support for his research linking childhood
>cancer to the Oyster Creek nuclear power plant.
>
>Joseph J. Mangano of the Radiation and Public Health Project said he and a
>group of scientists intend to speak with lawmakers, hold public forums and
>write opinion pieces to win over skeptics and inspire others to help fund
>research.

[edit]