AW: AW: [ RadSafe ] Asbury Park Press on Mangano's press conference

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Mon Jun 25 17:26:40 CDT 2007

John,

Contrary to what Mr. Perle claims, I remember that I posted to RADSAFE a
comment, which started with the words "Here we go again...", wondering what
the use of lamenting on RADSAFE would be and wondering whether anybody had
sent any comments to the Asbury Park Press instead. Additionally I
questioned (and still do) the significance of the Asbury Park Press. Both
started a kind of unusual modest flaming, in which my real message was not
commented, but ignored.

Interesting is the attitude of Mr. Perle "the majority of readers appreciate
the news" - has there been any poll? In line is his way of commenting on a
post of mine, which contained several lines from two (2!) previous postings,
which read: "Please look at all of the posts you included in your response.
Line after line. Deleting original text would be appreciated by all." Again
Mr. Perle is obviously the advocate of all the thousands of RADSAFErs - or
is he the secret list-owner? I have seen such an attitude "But you have...."
only in children before.

I would recommend, not to take Mr. Perles postings too serious. We all know,
what we have to believe of mass-media news. The forwarded news about a
Greenpeace protest against the next NPP in Finland by AFP was totally
exaggerated, because in Finnish and other European newspapers I can read
nobody cared about it and the news about the Austrian - Czech controversary
about the Temelin powerplant is regarded by clearly the majority of
Austrians as ridiculous and the protesting groups, which finally turned up
with 10 to 20 persons to block the border stations ("Mothers against Nuclear
Power" and similar groups) have already given up.

Hope you will not be (even modestly) flamed for your comment, which I fully
subscribe.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD