[ RadSafe ] Californium vs. Americium

Johnston, Thomas Tom_Johnston at nymc.edu
Fri Jun 29 09:30:20 CDT 2007

Hello Franz and Mike,
Po-210 is quite easily obtained here in the US and most often used in static eliminators. Anyone can purchase these online quite easily. And of course no license is required as these are generally licensed products here in the US.
Camera stores will sell these and also high fidelity music stores. Another source is laboratory equipment supply catalogs. Here is a company that produces these devices.

http://www.nrdstaticcontrol.com/

Thomas P. Johnston
Radiation Safety Officer
New York Medical College