[ RadSafe ] Restrictions on usage of radiation symbols in India

stewart farber radproject at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 29 12:25:34 CDT 2007

For what it's worth on casual misuse of the radiation warning symbols/signs
in an odd corporate situation. Several decades ago,  while I was living and
working in Massachusetts [so this is not an urban legend], a tractor trailer
load of then very expensive computer components fromm a Massachusetts
manufacturer was hijacked by thieves. Inside the truck, the contents were
falsely labelled with radiation warning labels by the manufacturing company.

The thieves abandoned the truck believing the goods were contaminated and
the tractor trailer was found abandoned near the Mass Pike. Fear of
radiation comes through again to force people to do things that make no
sense.

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
Consulting Scientist
[203] 441-8433 [office]