AW: [ RadSafe ] Restrictions on usage of radiation symbols in India

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Fri Jun 29 12:52:49 CDT 2007

Dear collegue,

Thank you for describing the Indian rules on the use of the radiation
warning signs. In my country and I would believe all over the world we have
very similar rules.

However I would like to tell a story from my past time as a student (several
decades ago) in order to liven up the sometimes all to serious RADSAFE
forum: When working for my PhD-thesis it was quite common, that pipettes,
beakers, other glassware and even instruments were "loaned" by fellow
students who were eager to finish their thesis and tried to avoid the time
consuming official way to get the equipment necessary. Unfortunately they
forgot to return the equiment...... What did we do? We marked our equipment
as "radioactively contaminated". I assure you, that this helped!

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.