[ RadSafe ] New Airport X-Rays Scan Bodies, Not Just Bags

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 3 20:37:05 CST 2007

Sandy,
And do you care how much these "layers" cost?  How
much for the next layer are you willing to pay, not
that you are one who really is bearing the cost?

In time, this terrorism with pass, and what legacy
will we leave the world?  Fortress America?

--- Sandy Perle <sandyfl at cox.net> wrote:

> Hi Neill,
>
> The interviews are a good practice. However I look
> at each technique as
> complimentary to another technique. Recall that
> Richard Reed walked through
> the interview process, and if he had tried to use a
> lighter instead of a
> match, that AA flight would have been blown to
> pieces over the Atlantic. We
> need multiple layers of security, recognizing that
> we will never stop a
> dedicated well-trained group from finally succeeding
> in implementing their
> reign of terror. That doesn't mean that because
> something won't stop 100% of
> the attempts, that we eliminate it's potential use.
> The body scanners will
> detect most weapons, but not all. The interview may
> catch many, but not all.
> We need better technology, but nothing will be
> full-proof.
>
> While I don't feel 100% safe getting on a 12 hour
> flight, I can assure you
> that I feel safer than I did 10 years ago, and
> better than I did 5 years
> ago. I hope to feel a lot safer in 5 years from now.
> Let's not throw the
> baby out with the bathwater. Let's continue to
> develop and implement new
> technologies to approach 100%, even though we will
> never get there. There
> will always be some risk. Let's keep minimizing it.
>
> Sandy

> Sandy Perle
> Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
> Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
> 2652 McGaw Avenue
> Irvine, CA 92614
>
> Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306
> Tel: (949) 419-1000 Extension 2306
> Fax:(949) 296-1144
>
> Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/
> Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/

=== message truncated ===

“We must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent or omniscient — that we are only 6 percent of the world’s population; that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94 percent of mankind; that we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity; and therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.”
-- John F. Kennedy

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist