[ RadSafe ] RE: Terror in the US & world at large

Jeff Terry terryj at iit.edu
Mon Mar 5 16:24:31 CST 2007

I hate to argue but ...

On Mar 5, 2007, at 1:40 PM, garyi at trinityphysics.com wrote:

> That is why
> we are in Iraq.  For America, 911 was the kitchen light switched on
> in the middle night,
> revealing an infestation that we, till then, knew of only remotely
> and vaguely.  It was a
> horrifying sight, because these vermin were determined to have the
> corpses of our friends
> and family members, instead of last night's pizza crumbs.

I believe that only a minority of Americans have had this light
switched on. It is an event that I won't forget any time soon.
However, the U. S. media decided to censor the bodies exploding upon
impact with light posts, etc. The absence of these images certainly
made it more difficult for many U. S. citizens (greater than 50% but
close to 50%) to have this illuminated for them.

> The vision crystallized our resolve,

I believe that many of my countrymen have not had their resolve
crystallized, again around 50% would be my guess.

One could certainly argue that they should have been awaken to this
threat of terrorism.

That said I still don't believe that the scanners will make much of
an impact on flight security at all. I think that is a red herring to
the actually argument that will need to be made in the U. S.

Jeff