[ RadSafe ] Re: End of an Era

Dimiter Popoff didi at tgi-sci.com
Mon Mar 5 17:41:15 CST 2007

> I hate Windows programs. I wish that scientific instrument
> manufacturers would provide linux software at a minimum.

Not many do, it is so easy to make some software under
windows which _looks_ like a decent instrument without
having (to pay for) much expertise. By the moment the user finds
out how cumbersome any windows based device is (how long it
takes to boot, how often windows goes out for lunch with
the hard disk etc.) it is too late, they have bought it.

In todays world, users expect transparent internet
access to their equipment; making this independently
(i.e. without having a PC, windows or linux based) takes
more resources than most equipment manufacturers have.

And how many can deliver a device not only networkable,
but usable without needing a wintel PC, with its own OS and
everything... I can count up to 1 so far :-).

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff               Transgalactic Instruments

http://www.tgi-sci.com