[ RadSafe ] Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle Swindle

Riely, Brian P. brian.riely at ngc.com
Tue Mar 20 15:12:50 CDT 2007

Informative article:

http://www.clearlight.com/~mhieb/WVFossils/ice_ages.html

Some statement from the above:

If we are in a global warming crisis today, even the most aggressive and
costly proposals for limiting industrial carbon dioxide emissions would
have a negligible effect on global climate!

Of the 186 billion tons of CO2 that enter earth's atmosphere each year
from all sources, only 6 billion tons are from human activity.
Approximately 90 billion tons come from biologic activity in earth's
oceans and another 90 billion tons from such sources as volcanoes and
decaying land plants.

At 368 parts per million CO2 is a minor constituent of earth's
atmosphere-- less than 4/100ths of 1% of all gases present. Compared to
former geologic times, earth's current atmosphere is CO2- impoverished

During the last 100 years there have been two general cycles of warming
and cooling recorded in the U.S. We are currently in the second warming
cycle. Overall, U.S. temperatures show no significant warming trend over
the last 100 years (1). This has been well - established but not well -
publicized

In the 1970s concerned environmentalists like Stephen Schneider of the
National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colorado feared a
return to another ice age due to manmade atmospheric pollution blocking
out the sun.

Incidentally, earth's temperature and CO2 levels today have reached
levels similar to a previous interglacial cycle of 120,000 - 140,000
years ago. From beginning to end this cycle lasted about 20,000 years.
This is known as the Eemian Interglacial Period and the earth returned
to a full-fledged ice age immediately afterward.