[ RadSafe ] Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle Swindle

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Tue Mar 20 21:39:40 CDT 2007

March 20

         This is a very informative website with a lot of useful and
equally informative links.  My thanks to Brian Riely for posting this link.

         It is beginning to look like man-made "global warming" is a fraud
and a hoax.  It would seem that the earth is in a cycle of warming, and
that man-made chemicals have nothing to do with the current warming
trend.  When you find that the peddlers of global warming are covering up
or ignoring the role of water vapor (which is 95% of the gases that cause
warming) you can't help but be skeptical -- both of man-made global
warming, and skeptical of the honesty of the people pushing it.  No flames,
please.  It's warm enough already.  (Har, har.)

Steven Dapra
sjd at swcp.com

At 04:12 PM 3/20/07 -0400, Riely, Brian P. wrote:
>Informative article:
>
>http://www.clearlight.com/~mhieb/WVFossils/ice_ages.html
>
>Some statement from the above:
>
>If we are in a global warming crisis today, even the most aggressive and
>costly proposals for limiting industrial carbon dioxide emissions would
>have a negligible effect on global climate!
>
>Of the 186 billion tons of CO2 that enter earth's atmosphere each year
>from all sources, only 6 billion tons are from human activity.
>Approximately 90 billion tons come from biologic activity in earth's
>oceans and another 90 billion tons from such sources as volcanoes and
>decaying land plants.
>
>At 368 parts per million CO2 is a minor constituent of earth's
>atmosphere-- less than 4/100ths of 1% of all gases present. Compared to
>former geologic times, earth's current atmosphere is CO2- impoverished
>
>During the last 100 years there have been two general cycles of warming
>and cooling recorded in the U.S. We are currently in the second warming
>cycle. Overall, U.S. temperatures show no significant warming trend over
>the last 100 years (1). This has been well - established but not well -
>publicized
>
>In the 1970s concerned environmentalists like Stephen Schneider of the
>National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colorado feared a
>return to another ice age due to manmade atmospheric pollution blocking
>out the sun.
>
>Incidentally, earth's temperature and CO2 levels today have reached
>levels similar to a previous interglacial cycle of 120,000 - 140,000
>years ago. From beginning to end this cycle lasted about 20,000 years.
>This is known as the Eemian Interglacial Period and the earth returned
>to a full-fledged ice age immediately afterward.

[EDIT]