[ RadSafe ] The French health ministry has ordered anindependent inquiry into the affair. [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Peter Thomas Peter.Thomas at arpansa.gov.au
Thu Mar 29 18:23:28 CDT 2007

Ed,

Yes it is the same incident.

There were preliminary reports in October last year which were discussed
on Radsafe and a press release at the time suggested full reports would
be available by the end of 2006.  The recent press surrounding the
incident seems to be the result of the delivery of these more detailed
reports.

I've downloaded the PDF of the IRSN report that Kim McMahan mentioned.
My French is non-existent so I've submitted it to the Google translator
and am now in the process of trying to recast the resulting Franglais
into something that makes sense to me yet hopefully is still true to the
original.  The IRSN report seems to take a much wider aim than simply
the overdoses.  There's also stuff about record-keeping, informed
choice, training and so on.

Peter Thomas
Medical Physics Section
ARPANSA