[ RadSafe ] Radium isotope ingestion dosce conversion factor

Otto G. Raabe ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Thu May 3 11:15:06 CDT 2007

At 08:03 AM 5/3/2007, Khalid Aleissa wrote:
>I would like to know what are the latest values of Ra-226 and Ra-228 intake
>(ingestion) dose conversion factors. there are different values in different
>publication (some as old as 1996).
*****************************
May 3, 2007

Radium ingestion dose conversion factors along with the supporting
information and references are found on pages 85-93 in ICRP
Publication 67 (1994) and in The ICRP Database of Dose Coefficients:
Workers and members of the Public" (2001) available on CD. The dose
coefficients for radium have been well understood for decades based
on the studies of the U.S. Radium workers.

Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140