AW: [ RadSafe ] " Port gets dirty-bomb detectors "

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Wed May 9 10:49:00 CDT 2007

John,

I am really delighted about your comment - it supports my comment on the
"import" of nuclear dirty bombs. Even in my small country - somebody else on
RADSAFE would say "the all important country of Austria" - we have similar
problems, which might result in radiation exposure to people. As I mentioned
in my post the portal monitors are only intended to prevent importing and
smelting of radioactive sources. There have been incidences, when scrap was
imported to Austria, containing radioactive sources, was rejected and then
"parked" in railway wagons at the border station for weeks if not months.

Your comment about the non existing possibility of detecting nuclear bombs
is exactly what I wrote. So what?

With my very best wishes,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD