[ RadSafe ] DU Proven Deadly To Human Bronchial Cells

Otto G. Raabe ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Thu May 10 15:46:57 CDT 2007

At 09:29 AM 5/10/2007, Otto G. Raabe wrote:
>At 02:37 AM 5/10/2007, Roger Helbig wrote:
>
>>Subject:  DU Proven Deadly To Human Bronchial Cells
>>Particulate Depleted Uranium Is Cytotoxic and Clastogenic to Human Lung Cells
>>Sandra S. Wise, W. Douglas Thompson, AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa,
>>Michael D. Mason, and John Pierce Wise, Sr.*
>*********************************

>May 10, 2007

The official Pub Med abstract reads

"We assessed the clastogenicity of these compounds and found that at
concentrations of 0, 0.5, 1, and 5 mug/cm2 UO3, 5, 6, 10, and 15% of
metaphase cells exhibit some form of chromosome damage. " Obviously,
5 micrograms per square centimeter is not a "concentration".  The
rest of their stuff is in molar concentrations. It is not really
possible to figure out what this means or what was the actual form of
the uranyl oxide "particles" suspended in acetone after being heated
to body temperature and subjected to degradation processes.

>Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140