[ RadSafe ] Denmark challenged over B52 crash

Mon May 14 11:12:46 CDT 2007

"Many Thule survivors have died of radiation-related illnesses due to
the lack of medical monitoring, and current survivors risk contracting
such fatal illnesses," says the accompanying resolution"

I suspect that if pressed to produce names and medical histories of the
"many" there would be indignant hand waving, perhaps words about patient
confidentiality, and in the end little or no support for their position.

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl [mailto:radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl] On
Behalf Of Otto G. Raabe
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 8:54 AM
To: Dawson, Fred Mr; radsafe at radlab.nl
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] Denmark challenged over B52 crash

At 05:26 AM 5/14/2007, Dawson, Fred Mr wrote:
>BBC Reports
>Denmark challenged over B52 crash
>
>"Let me take you back to an Arctic night in January 1968, still the era

>of the Cold War," a British MEP told the European Parliament this week,

>promising a tale comparable to an international thriller.
>"An American B-52 bomber gets into trouble, the crew scramble to safety

>and the plane comes down in Greenland with an enormous amount of
>weapons-grade plutonium on board.
>
>The US workers involved have been regularly examined, but the Danes and

>Greenlanders have not, according to a report by Diana Wallis MEP, which

>the parliament approved on Friday by 544 votes to 29.
>
>"Many Thule survivors have died of radiation-related illnesses due to
>the lack of medical monitoring, and current survivors risk contracting
>such fatal illnesses," says the accompanying resolution
May 14, 2007

The news report says,

"A search for plutonium in the urine of 115 workers thought likely to
have been most exposed to contamination had found no trace. "

AGAIN, THE RADIATION EXPOSURE ACCUSATION IS GIVEN MORE CREDIBILITY THAN
THE TRUTH.

Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140