[ RadSafe ] Source transfer cask free to a good home.

mark.morse at kodak.com mark.morse at kodak.com
Thu May 24 12:19:27 CDT 2007

I have a transfer cask used to swap Cf-252 sources in and out of our
neutron activation facility over the last 30 years.  We no longer need
this transfer cask and I'm looking for a good home for it, instead of just
throwing it away.  The cask measures 36" wide by 36" high by 34" deep.  It
is filled solid with paraffin and has a steel outer skin on all sides
except the top.  The top has an opening 3.75" in diameter and 15" deep.
The opening is plugged with a removable steel skinned paraffin plug with a
handle on the top.  The cask sits on four very heavy duty castors for
moving it around.  It actually rolls very easily.  I have no idea what it
weighs, but would guess about 2000 lbs based on the amount of paraffin it
contains and the steel skin.

If you're interested in taking this off my hands please contact me
off-line.  Thank you.

Mark Morse
X-ray Spectroscopy and Neutron Activation Group
Foundation Science and Technology Center
Kodak Research Labs
Phone: 585-722-3353
e-mail: mark.morse at kodak.com