[ RadSafe ] SEALED SOURCE DISPOSAL

Jim Hardeman Jim_Hardeman at dnr.state.ga.us
Thu May 24 18:09:39 CDT 2007

Ken --

I believe that Robert is correct -- most devices of this type are
distributed as generally licensed devices -- not as exempt from
licensing. You will need to refer to the rules and regulations for WI --
and you should probably contact your state's Radiation Control Program
-- in the Division of Public Health, Wisconsin Department of Health and
Family Services. Please let me know if you need contact info.

Jim Hardeman
Jim_Hardeman at dnr.state.ga.us

>>> "Peterson, Ken" <KPeterson at MarinetteMarine.com> 5/24/2007 12:02

Robert,

This is not my area of expertise, and I would defer to the knowledge
base of the group, but I was under the impression the device was
exempt
from licensing under 10CFR30.20.

Sincerely,

Ken Peterson