[ RadSafe ] Any suggestions for a nuclear medicine wipe counter?

garyi at trinityphysics.com garyi at trinityphysics.com
Sun May 27 17:17:29 CDT 2007

Yes, someone already pointed out that a pancake would be more efficient for betas.  And I
also agree with you that:

    "All it does is determine if the smear exceeds a
    certain number of count in the preset interval.  If
    not, then the smear "passes."  "

The gist of my post was that the counter does not seem to be adequate for gamma emitters
like Tc99m, if you wish to determine with 95% confidence that a wipe test for removable
contamination was less than 1000 dpm / 100sq.cm

-Gary