[ RadSafe ] Question on the exemption of material as NORM inMississippi.

cobdw at tds.net cobdw at tds.net
Thu May 31 05:34:16 CDT 2007

Amy,
After reading the section of the regulation that you include with your question, I am in concurrence with Mr. Davis' assessment of the situation. However, I also believe that you should contact your state regualtor to confirm this. A good portion of the remediation program is maintaining that open communication with the folks who will be reviewing the final report and deciding if the area is releasable. Remember, the amounts that are listed are 5 pCi/g above background. If you have referance area samples showing both are present, then you should be able to subtract some portion from the final results for the actual survey unit.
Good luck,
Douglas Coble, RRPT