SV: [ RadSafe ] Depleted Uranium Found In Urine 20 Years Later

Otto G. Raabe ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Thu Nov 1 10:58:04 CDT 2007

At 10:26 PM 10/30/2007, Olsson Mattias :MSO wrote:
>That comment about the "old-fashioned" alpha sceptroscopy was weird.
*************************************
November 1, 2007

My experience with measuring plutonium 239 in urine was highlighted
by the difficulty of accurately measuring small concentrations using
complex chemical separations, isotopic tracers, often inefficient
electro-deposition, and hours of counting based on alpha particle
spectra.  I believe the mass spectrometric methodology is much more
accurate and the choice of preference for future work.

Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140