[ RadSafe ] Depleted Uranium Found In Urine 20 Years Later

Otto G. Raabe ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Fri Nov 2 15:07:06 CDT 2007

At 08:07 AM 11/1/2007, Brennan, Mike  (DOH) wrote:
>Mass spec is not my thing, so I admit to only a basic knowledge.  How
>would MS, in any of its forms, differentiate between U234 and Th234?
******************************
Preparative chemistry should separate elements.  Some other cross
element nuclides are even closer than he two you mentioned.  Th234
and Pu234 atomic masses are the same to six significant figures.
Investigators need to consider confounders.

Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140