AW: [ RadSafe ] Pilot of Enola Gay Had No Regrets for Hiroshima

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Fri Nov 2 04:34:46 CDT 2007

Stewart,

in a PowerPoint presentation given by A L Brooks May 24th 2004 I find the following numbers:

Population of ATB Survivors Studied:  86,572

Total Cancers Observed after the Bomb: 8,180

Total Cancers Expected without Bomb:   7,743

Total Cancer Excess:                     437

The total Cancer Excess of 437 is made up of 334 solid tumor cases and 104 leukemia cases.

The German Newspaper DIE WELT published on Aug. 6th, 2005 the following numbers:

Total Cancers Observed after the Bomb: 10127

Total Cancers Expected without Bomb:    9648

Total Cancer Excess:                     479

HTH

Best regards, Rainer

Dr. Rainer Facius
German Aerospace Center