[ RadSafe ] news postings

Sandy Perle sandyfl at cox.net
Wed Nov 14 10:36:05 CST 2007

Recent posts have asked that the reasons for screening and delaying posting
to the list be re-evaluated. I concur with everyone's comments since it is
quite difficult to initiate or continue a dialogue where there are sometimes
delays up to 3 days and in some instances, posts are out of sequence, making
it even more difficult to understand the thread.

The reason I started posting the various nuclear related news articles was
to ensure that the list was aware of what was being published in various
newspapers, news wires, magazines and websites that would potentially be in
the public forum, especially when the topic was one that could create
emotional debate. We in the industry need to be cognizant of what is being
published, what the public can view and if we feel it appropriate, to take
action, speak out, lecture, etc. However, when the news posted takes a day
or more to post and the follow-up dialogue takes another day or more to
post, the news is old and becomes less meaningful.

Therefore, I'll continue to post the news to the 300+ individuals who
receive the news along with the Powernet list (reaches another 300+
individuals) and refrain from posting to Radsafe.

I too hope that Marcel reconsiders the current policy. I agree with Franz
that where there are issues, there are other means to mitigate. Stewart and
others have stated their points of view as well and I need not repeat their
eloquent perspective.

Hoping for a return to a real-time list for real-time dialogue.

Regards to all.

Sandy

Sander C. Perle
President
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306

Fax:(949) 296-1144

E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com

E-Mail: sandyfl at cox.net

Global Dosimetry Website:  <http://www.dosimetry.com/>