[ RadSafe ] "Nuclear detectors at Slovak border"

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 17 22:39:37 CST 2007

I guess the U.S. cannot spend enough on detectors in
this country.  Now they have to go to Europe.

--- Jaro <jaro-10kbq at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Nuclear detectors at Slovak border
> Aviation Week & Space Technology, 11/12/2007, page
> 21
> Edited by Edward H. Phillips
>
> Radiation-detection equipment has been installed at
> three checkpoints in
> Slovakia along its border with Ukraine. The
> equipment can detect a broader
> array of gamma-ray and neutron sources, including
> highly enriched uranium
> and plutonium. The U.S. Energy Dept.’s National
> Nuclear Security
> Administration is working with Slovak officials to
> stop illicit trafficking
> of nuclear materials.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Release Date: 11/12/2007
> 12:56 PM

"If you guard your toothbrushes and diamonds with equal zeal, you'll probably lose fewer toothbrushes and more diamonds."
- Former national security advised McGeorge Bundy
-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com