[ RadSafe ] Nuclear industry may running out of steam

Sandy Perle sandyfl at cox.net
Mon Nov 26 10:34:35 CST 2007

Note: sent this yesterday but I did not see that it was sent:

Interesting perspective. I suppose the theory is that if there aren't a
number of new plants planned to meet their speculated number to be
considered a "renaissance", then this doesn't exist. Compared to the number
of plants evaluated since TMI, the current situation for new NPPs is more
then a renaissance! The following is a list of just the plants being
considered in the USA posted by the Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI):

New Nuclear Plant Status

Company

Site(s)

Design, # of Units

Early Site Permit (ESP)

Construction / Operating License Submittal

Alternate Energy Holdings

Bruneau, ID

EPR

-

FY 2009

Amarillo Power

Vicinity of Amarillo, TX

EPR

-

FY 2009

AmerenUE

Callaway, MO

EPR

-

FY 2008

Constellation (UniStar)

Calvert Cliffs, MD plus two other sites

 EPR (3)

Will go to COL but submit siting information early

First submittal - FY 2008

Detroit Edison

Fermi, MI

Not yet determined

Not yet determined

FY 2008

Dominion

North Anna, VA

 ESBWR (1)

Under review, approval expected 2007

FY 2008

Duke

William States Lee, Cherokee County, SC

 AP1000 (2)

-

FY 2008

Duke

Davie County, NC

 Not yet determined

Under consideration

Not yet determined

Duke

Oconee County, SC

 Not yet determined

Under consideration

Not yet determined

Entergy

River Bend, LA

ESBWR (1)

-

FY 2008

Entergy (NuStart )

Grand Gulf, MS

ESBWR (1)

Approved April 2007

FY 2008

Exelon

Clinton, IL

 Not yet determined

Approved March 2007

Not yet determined

Exelon

Matagorda and Victoria County, TX

 ESBWR (1)

-

FY 2009

Florida Power & Light

Turkey Point, FL

 Not yet determined (2)

 Not yet determined

FY 2009

NRG Energy / STPNOC

Bay City, TX

 ABWR (2)

-

Under Review

PPL Corp.

Susquehanna, PA

 Not yet determined

 Not yet determined

 Not yet determined

Progress Energy

Harris, NC; Levy County, FL

 AP1000 (2); AP1000 (2)

-

Harris - FY 2008; Levy County, FL - FY 2008

South Carolina Electric & Gas

Summer, SC

 AP1000 (2)

-

FY 2008

Southern Company

Vogtle, GA

 AP1000 (2)

Under review, Approval expected early 2009

FY 2008

Texas Utilities

Comanche Peak, TX

APWR (2)

-

FY 2008

TVA (NuStart )

Bellefonte, AL

AP1000 (2)

-

Under Review

FY - Federal Fiscal Year, CY - Calendar Year

Updated: 11/07

Sander C. Perle
President
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306

Fax:(949) 296-1144

E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com

E-Mail: sandyfl at cox.net

Global Dosimetry Website:  <http://www.dosimetry.com/>