[ RadSafe ] [Nuclear News] Nuclear Energy Fuels Lecture-FormerNRC Chairman

Flood, John FloodJR at nv.doe.gov
Wed Nov 28 10:24:04 CST 2007

I don't disagree that an RDD attack will cause panic - the press will
eagerly take the lead on that, politicians following close behind (with
assistance from Scottish police, apparently).  But my point is that
every terrorist attack I know of has had an immediate death total, and,
while the folks who direct the planning of such attacks may have an
unrealistic idea of how many deaths may result from an RDD, they are
likely to understand that the radiological effects won't happen
immediately.  And that kind of a result is just not consistent with all
the attacks so far.

John R. (Bob) Flood
Radiological Health
Nevada Test Site