[ RadSafe ] AW: Background information, New Mexico Legislature - Journal of Environmental Radioactivity

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Fri Nov 30 12:24:07 CST 2007

Erik,

Yes, the original citation is incorrect and yours is the correct one. I did
not understand, whether this citation is a part of the text of the NM
legislature or a part of a comment. This is the paper I originally
mentioned.

I do not know A. Bleise, who is apparently working for the IAEA, but I can
give you some background information about the other authors: W. Burkart is
deputy director of the IAEA and had a long scientific carreer before he
joined the IAEA, first with Swiss Radiation Protection Authorities and later
German Radiation Protection Research. I know him since many years through
contacts at conferences and „private links“ between our radiation protection
authorities. He is an excellent scientist and has worked for instance also
on the Sovjet atomic legacy at Mayak. I may say proudly that not only I know
him, but he also knows me!

Piero Danesi was the head of the IAEA Seibersdorf laboratories and in this
capacity I got to know him when we prepared for the International Mururoa
Project. He was actually my „scientific secretary“ – which actually meant
that we were working close together without any negative hierarchical
meaning! We spent three weeks on the Mururoa and Fangataufa atolls during
the terrestrial sampling and measurement campain. Also for him I can say
that he is an excellent and honest scientist. He is still working for the
IAEA as a consultant.

Anybody interested in this paper and not wanting to pay 30 US$ for a copy
may go to Google, type in „properties, Bleise, Danesi, Burkart“ and then
click on the second reference referring to www.bren.ucsb.edu-/etc
<http://www.bren.ucsb.edu-etc/> ....

I wonder, how this paper can ever show up in anything anti-DU. Anybody able
to enlighten me?

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD