[ RadSafe ] RE: Follow-up: Ranger uranium company in Australia & cancer clusters among aborig

Dan McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 16:10:11 CST 2007

Hi Group:

Ranger had to stop operations sometime in the last year due to very heavy
monsoonal rains (or a tropical storm) for which they had to fill their pit.
I believe that Ranger has a "zero discharge" permit that does not allow them
to discharge any water (regardless of R/N concentrations) offsite.  They
have to "evaporate" all water on site.  At least that is my recollection...

http://www.stockinterview.com/News/03092007/Ranger-Flooded-ERA.html

Since they produce 10% of the world's reactor-related demand, that caused a
price bump in the market.

So the leak could have been a rain-water discharge, or concern about ANY
discharge from their property.

Dan ii

Dan W McCarn, Geologist
Albuquerque & Houston