[ RadSafe ] Panel wants tighter radiation security

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Thu Oct 11 20:08:37 CDT 2007

Oct. 11

         "ridiculous" doesn't even come close to describing these
proposals.  They constitute monumental and self-destructive stupidity.

         How many terrorists (both real and alleged) even knew these
irradiation machines existed before this blabbermouth "government advisory
panel" started spreading the news?  Several pages would be required to
present an adequate commentary on, and exegesis of, this article.  I will
present what I believe are two of the more salient points.

ARTICLE:

The report recommends creating "unfettered X-treme intelligence teams" to
improve the "poor intelligence community posture." Exactly
what the teams would do is classified.

COMMENT:

         "unfettered" means free or unrestrained.  In plain English, it
means a bunch of murderous and trigger-happy thugs who would be even worse
than the Blackwater thugs who have been terrorizing Iraquis at U.S.
taxpayer expense.  Think of the KGB, the SS, and the Gestapo rolled into
one.  What these "teams" would do may be classified, but it doesn't take
much of an imagination to draw plausible conclusions.

ARTICLE:

The board advocates diplomacy and trying to influence world opinion so the
United States is less likely to be attacked or lured into a
foreign war it might not win.

"We are unprepared," state the documents. "At best we will be deterred.
Worse, we will enter the fray and then quit when we
appreciate the cost of success. Instruments of national power other than
the military, such as strategic communication, will assume
greater importance."

The U.S government should be promoting universally accepted values like
human dignity, economic well-being, health care and education
rather than "democracy" and "freedom," the panel states.

COMMENT:

         What the United States government should be doing is minding its
own business.  The reason this country is so unpopular everywhere on earth
is that it insists on meddling everywhere and in everything.

         What business do we have telling any other country what to do?  We
can't even solve our own domestic problems, yet we are setting up a police
state so we can continue to meddle and do it with impunity.

Steven Dapra
sjd at swcp.com